Neurology Community
MRI-results
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MRI-results

I have had an MRI because I have experienced pain in my left leg when sitting or laying.  I also have pain in my right hip that is sharp and starts deep in the buttocks and goes into the groin and upper thigh when I am up and about.  This pain is sproatic and I never know when it will happen.  The throbbing pain I have in my left leg comes and goes depending on what position I am in when sitting or laying.  I also get severe muscle spasms in my lower back when I am under a great deal of stress.  Please tell me if any of this pain is explained in the MRI results.  
They are as follows:
T10-T11, T11-T12, and T12-L1:  Disc height and hydration preserved.  No bulge or protrusion.  No canal or foraminal encroachment.  L1-L2:  Slight disc desiccation, height loss.  Annular bulge without focal protrusion posteriorly.  There is anterior disc osteophyte protrusion complex eccentric to the right.  No canal or foraminal encroaching effects.  L2-L3:  Annular bulge.  Slight desiccation.  No protrusion.  No canal or foraminal encroachment.  Facet joints normal.  L3-L4:  Relative preservation of disc height and hydration.  No bulge or protrusion.  No canal or foraminal encroachment.  Facet joints normal.  L4-L5:  Relative preservation of disc height and hydration.  No bulge or protrusion.  Facet arthropathy/hypertrophy.  L5-S1:  Disc desiccation with shallow central bulge, but no focal protrusion.  No canal or foraminal encroachment.  Right greater than left facet arthropathy.  IMPRESSION:  Facet arthropathy at the L4-L5-S1 levels.  Bulge present L4-L5 and more centrally at L5-S1 without effacing effects.  Mild spinal curvature changes.