MRI results
Hi, I have a 5 year old with severe developmental delays. He has had 3 MRI's since birth. He had one Monday since he has not had one since 2009. Can someone explain this to me please , and should I be worried about the last finding on the report ?

There is mild prominence of the lateral and third ventricles as well as sulci which appears stable. There has been interval myelination, as evidenced by decrease in the conspicuity of increased signal intensity in the white matter on the FLAIR sequences. There remains some mild subcortical signal changes within the frontal and to a lesser extent the temporal lobes. The more prominent areas of increased signal intensity within the posterior periventricular regions also appears less apparent however some increased signal intensity in these regions remains. Prominence of posterior fossa CSF space is again noted , most compatible with a prominent cisterna magna. There is a lobular region of brain parenchymal signal intensity projecting across the margin of the dura into the left transverse sinus (series 6, image eight). This finding likely represents a variation in which there is a dural rent in the margin of the sinus with protrusion of CSF and brain into the sinus.
Hi there!

The MRI describes a few lesions in the brain, which are likely to have been present in the previous MRIs as well, and it is difficult to comment on the situation without knowing the results of the previous MRI for comparison; though with the description there does not seem to progression of the condition. It would be best to discuss the results of the MRI in detail with his treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!