Neurology Community
MRI results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI results

I have an MRI with these results: Signal abnormality and mild expansion of L2 vertebra.  
L2-3 broad disc protrusion with thecal sac effacement, central canal and lateral recess stenosis
L3-4 central and left disc protrusion effacing the thecal sac and contributing to the left lateral recess stenosis.
Mild effacement of the left L4 root withing the left lateral recess.
Segmentation abnormality.

Can you tell me what this says in plain English?
Hi there!

The MRI describes degenerative changes along the lower part of the spine with intervertebral disc protrusions at L2/ L3 and L3/ L4 levels causing narrowing of the spinal canal and spaces that carry the spinal nerves, with mild pressure on the L4 nerve root.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
I had a MRI in February and I'm not sure what it means and it says:

recent onset of left sided sciatica. REPORT: the last mobile disc is regarded as L5/S1 and the conus ends normally at L1/2 disc level. The marrow appears of sightly lower signal than usual on the T1 sequences. this is most likely due to there being greater proportion of red marrow. is the patent anamic? The lower two lumbar discs are desiccated, but retain reasonable height. At L4/5 is an annular tear and small focal central disc protrusion. No neural compromise is identified at this level. At L5/S1 is a more broadbased central disc protrusion and a mild facet joint arthosis. There is a moderate stenosis of the right and mild stenosis of the left L5 exit foramina as a result. BP

if you could explain this in English and I'm worried about my foot drop cause I have added symptoms of bruising feeling in my left leg where the nerve travels and my bottom feels bruised to touch as well and also I'm feeling very sick.

please help me understand whats going on with my body and whether bruising feeling is a bad thing cause I'm not seeing the consultant til May

Many Thanks