Neurology Community
MRI results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI results

I have a neurosurgeon appt in 2 weeks but wonder if anyone knows how serious this is. I do have vertigo, pain in neck, shoulders, arms and hands. Thumbs and index fingers especially bad. I had thyroid cancer in August and RAI Oct 30, 2014. I had Breast Cancer both breasts in Oct 2009.  Just want to get this cleared up and not hurt.

C1-C2 relationship is normal. There is mild cerebellar tonsillar ectopia, but no Chiari malformation. Craniovertebral junction region is otherwise normal.

C2-C3 disc is desiccated, but there is no herniation or canal stenosis. The left neural exit foramen is mildly compromised related to facet overgrowth. Facet degenerative changes are moderate to severe to the left.

C5-C6: a right paramedian herniated nucleus pulposis with associated osteopphytes presnt. It compresses the right ventral lateral aspect of the thecal sac and flattens the right hemicord. Uncovertebral spurs cause sever righ-sided foraminal narrowing and mild left sided foraminal narrowing.

There is a degenerative spinal stenosis at C6-C7 related to diffuse bulging of the annulus fibrous vs. a broad-based posterior midline herniation. Suspect there are probably osteophytes and disc contributing to the stenosis. The mid safittal dimension of the sac is reduced to about 6 mm and the cord is moderately flattened. Uncovertebral osteophytes cause severe right sided foraminal stenosis as well.

IMPRESSION:
1. HERNIATED NUCLEUS PULPOSUS with osteophyte formation compressing the right ventral laterals aspect of the thecal sac at C6-C7. This results in flattening of the right hemicord, mass effect upon the nerve root sleeve, and marked compromise of the neural exit foramen on the right.

2. Degenerative spinal stenosis at C6-C7, moderate to severe related to annular bulge or braod-based posterior midline herniation.  Associated prominent right-sided foraminal stenosis related to uncovertebral osteophytes.

Not sure what this means but might be that my pain is not in my head.
I have had very similar symptoms to these only that my original pain started in the lower back around 3-4 months ago and ended up in the shoulder neck and now in my fingers, joints etc and getting a lot of twitches around my body, the doctor has sent me to a muscle specialist, i really fear i have ASL but know this could be anything. Also constant cracking of joints that seem to be getting worse by the day.
So sorry you are experiencing such pain and discomfort and so young.  I had a brain MRI this afternoon.  I have not had a voice much above a whisper since April 13. Hope you get some answers.