MRI results
Findings: there is a loss of disc height at the level L2-L3. The disc is low in signal intensity on T1, T2, and STIR. The adjacent endplates are predominately, however, they demonstrate decreased T1 signal intensity and increased STIR signal intensity. There is no evidence of paraspinal T2 signal increase to indicate the presence of surrounding inflammation.
There is also loss of disc height and decreased STIR signal intensity at the L3-L4 and L4-L5 levels, however, without endplate signal change.
At the L2-L3 level, there is a disc bilge, the posterior aspect measruring 3 mm in AP dimension. The same degree of disc bulge is also seen at the L3-L4, and L4-L5 levels.
Here are the results of my MRI and I have NO CLUE what this means to me. Can someone tell me? Do I need surgery or a candidate for it? Is it serious or NOT? Do I need to see a specialist? I feel stupid for not knowing laymen terms and understanding of this.

MRI OF THE LUMBAR SPINE WITHOUT CONTRAST
TECHNIQUE: Sagittal T1, T2, and STIR. Axial T2 sequence
There is mild neural foraminal narrowing at the L3-L4 level bilaterally and at the L4-L5 on the left, secondary to the aforementioned disc bulge and facet hypertrophic degenerative change.
at the L4-L5 level on the right, there is a Tarlov's cyst measuring 4mm in AP diameter.
An ovoid to round high T2 signal intensity lesion is identified in the right lower renal pole. It is not within the scan range of the other sequence.
COMPARISON: MRI of the lumbar spine of the same date.
TECHNIQUE: AP, bilateral oblique, and lateral radiographs were obtained
There is a 2 mm of anerolisthesis of L4 on L5. The vertebral body heights are preserved. Moderate disc space narrowing and surrounding endplates sclerosis is seen at the L2-L3 level, as well as endplate ostephytosis. Loss of disc height is also seen but less pronounced at the L3-L4 level. Facet sclerosis and hypertrophy is seen at the L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1 levels.
Hi!
I can understand your worries. You have degenerative changes in the disc between L2-3 causing decrease in disc height and slipped disc (bulging disc or disc prolapsed) between L2-3, 3-4 and 4-5. Usually for symptoms caused by disc prolapse or degenerative disc disease, conservative treatments like hot and cold compress, stretching exercises, back low impact exercises, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, specially designed corsets, spinal manipulation and traction and epidural injections are tried. If everything fails then laminectomy and other spine surgeries may be contemplated. Please consult your doctor regarding this.
The oval area on lower pole of kidney could be an artifact (false signal) or due to urine  collection or bleed or due to a cyst or fluid filled area like an abscess. It is difficult to comment on that on net. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you - this is greatly appreciated!!! I now understand what is going on and appreciate your kindness and explanation. I am going tomorrow to see a back specialist....