MRI showed extensive Demyelination.
Dear Doc,
I am a 39 year old who recently had a MRI due to my left eye vision vibrating and vision moving up and down.  My eye ball does not move and these episodes are not visible to anyone even the Ophthalmologist.  This lasted 6 wks with 40-50 episodes a day.  The MRI report stated that there was extensive Demyelination but also stated it looked a typical of MS.  The eye episodes stopped for about 5 wks, but recently my left side of my upper lip has started twitching. This has lasted 3 wks and last week my left eye episodes are back.  I have been to an Ophthalmologist, Neurologist, and a neuro-ophthalmologist.  The doctors think it could be because I had the flu 5 days before the eye episodes started and it could be the cause of the demyelination.  Don't know what to do?  Who should I see next? Would really appreciate some advice.  Thank you.
I'm sorry to hear of your problems and MRI results.  Do you have any history - further back - of things like odd sensations, numbness, weakness, vision problems that came and went?  Was this your first MRI ever (ie, do we have any idea how new these lesions really are)?

Was your flu an influenzalike illness or a tummy flu?

Why are they not considering MS, did they say?

Quix
Hi, I have never experienced this before.  The flu I had was a mix of both flu like symptons and stomach flu.  My GP put me on a Zpac for the flu virus.  The Neurologist said that it is a typical of MS as well as the MRI report.  He believed the demyelination could have been a cause of the virus and will self correct the lesions that were seen on the MRI.  I am scheduled for another MRI in July (3mths after the first one).  IF the MRI shows that the lesions have become worse then he would like to do further tests like spinal tap, nerve conduction to see if it is actually MS.  Let's hope not, but what else could it be?  Getting worried especially since it has returned.  It is the most aggravating feeling...vibrating of the left eye and now the left upper lip.  
I see.  In your response you said the report said "it looked a typical of MS."  Did you mean "atypical of MS" or "typical of MS?"

Quix
Hi Quix, the MRI report said 'atypical of MS'.  Any thoughts?  
AMO
i wNted to just say i was sory to hear you having troubles, the time for tessitng and not knowiwng answers can be stressful.
i thinkk i know what you talking about with your vision, and can be unnerveing(no pun intented! LOL)
I have vision problemms, part comes from actual abmormal eyemoevments that iss  nystagmus when your eye does actually move jittery like. THe other they called 'oscillopsia' (sp) when the vision -art of your brain sees things moving.
It  can be very tough for the specialsts to weed though and find a adx when so many of these diseases have no white/black test for diagnostic, and whne many symptoms  overlap what they are loooking for.
take   caare , amo