Neurology Expert Forum
MRI shows abnormality in bone marrow

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MRI shows abnormality in bone marrow

I posted a long post earlier with all of my symptoms and what the doctors have told me so far. Well,  I spoke to my neurologist yesterday, and she said that after going over all of my tests with radiologist and based on the MRI and CTSAN of my neck, I have something showing in my bone marrow of c spine that she wants me to see an oncologist for.  She explained that since the bone itself seems to be o.k., this is why bone scan was normal but CTSCAN and MRI were not. I also have a problem with my thyroid (showed up on scan as not being flat?) which needs to be scanned.  I am to go to hospital this week for more blood work.  I am really nervous and am wondering what can possibly show up in bone marrow that would be of this much concern.  My prior post has not been answered as of yet, so if you could look at both of these and perhaps give me professional opinion, I would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.
Please refer to the answer to the previous post
Again, I cannot give you a formal professional opinion on this internet site, as it is purely educational

If there is a question of an abnormality in the bone marrow (rather than a vertebral body hemangioma), they may need to do a needle biopsy or bone marrow biopsy to look at some tisue and diagnose it. The issue is then not really neurological and I cannot comment further

Good luck
WOW This sounds familiar Duchess. I was told the same thing. I live in Michigan and my hosp is the UM. I went for a tumor that showed up on my shoulder and they did a MRI and found it 'lit up' on c2-c6 in the bone marrow. They drew two sets of blood work, another MRI, a CTScan, and a Bone Scan. All my tests came back and the only place that showed it up is on the MRI all the others were normal. They took the tumor out of my shoulder. Tell me that my tests were normal so I'm fine. I get another phone call last night that says no that I need to go to Hematology for another set of blood work because they don't know what it is in my bone marrow. They said that if the blood work comes back clear that they might want to biopsy it. Well I dont know about you but I'm not comfortable with a needle going into my spine/neck. Please let me know if you hear anything back on yours.

***@****

Stacey