MRI
I had an MRI done in oct as a follow up to see if there are any changes to my left ica anuerysm...I get a lot of headaches, dizziness, nausea ringing on my ears I am not an understanding my MRI report so I called my neurologist because it has been a month since I did MRI and it was sent to the doctor the same day and he has not called me I have left him messages and nothing... Can someone please tell me what this means

FINDINGS:
A ovoid signal measuring 5 x 3 mm is demonstrated medial to the cavernous segment of the left internal carotid artery.

The brain is morphologically normal with no acute infer cranial finding.

A solitary punctuate FLAIR hyper intense focus in the periphery of the lateral right frontal lobe is nonspecific and not an unexpected finding in this age group. Parenchymal otherwise within normal limits.

Normal ventricular volumes.

T1 T2 hyper intense small focus in the right frontal bone is unchanged possibly representing a hemangioma .

IMPRESSION:
left cavernous internal carotid artery anuerysm 5x3 mm stable in the short interval

No acute intracranial abnormality

If continued surveillance is indicated I recommend only ordering an mra of the circle of the willis
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The report indicates that the internal carotid artery aneurysm is stable in the follow up scan. Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) is the gold standard for cerebral aneurysms and hence has been recommended if further scans are indicated. Possibility of a small hemangioma in the frontal lobe.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.