Neurology Community
MS Mimic Diseases

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

MS Mimic Diseases

Since the Ask the Doctor forum is not accepting new questions, I am desperately adding my question here hoping it gets picked up from someone. I have posted this on the MS community and feel at home there, but I am seeing my PC again on Thursday and would like to have educated questions to ask him so I am not left in limbo land.

For several years I have been living with tingling in the arms and legs, burning sensation on the thighs, inside of knees and feet. I also get extreme heat feeling on feet (as though my foot is next to a very hot heater), arm tremors, leg tremors, hip pain (right side) and now recently, a line of pain that stems from my right eye to the bottom of my right foot. I can no longer stay out in the sun for more than a half hour without feeling sick for the rest of the day (and of course I live in the desert), fatigue sets in everyday before the end of work day, and the vision in my right eye blurs out quite often, with tunnel vision and a feeling of pressure. Sometimes, my arm or leg gets the weird feeling that it just has to move and then spasm out for a minute (this is quite embarrassing at times) and on really bad days, speech is hard to get out in linear context. Simple words I cannot grasp for minutes, sometimes days and remembering the year and month is an aggravating event (sometimes). I have excused myself from meetings thinking there is liquid running down my leg to find nothing, and my husband says my legs shake violently right before I fall asleep. I have been to the dr and have had Brain MRI, Brain MRA, Neck MRI, Neck MRA, Neck CT and Neck Ultrasound. All they have found is a left carotid artery 30% blocked, and a straightened cervical spine with a few bone spurs. They say that since I am a 39 year old with small children that all my symptoms are probably stress and to eat better and get more sleep. The neurologist did send me to a PT in which I am receiving traction on my neck which seems to be doing nothing. They thought it may be slightly possible that I have a pinched nerve in my neck. I don't have neck pain or back pain outside of just tiredness. I have MS in my family and that is why I am asking about it. My family is equating many of my symptoms to my family member who had MS. She is no longer living, so I cannot talk with her. But here is my real question. Should I be more aggressive with my doctor to further test for MS, or am I more than likely barking up the wrong tree because the brain scan came back negative? I would also like to know of other diseases that may have these symptoms. I don't want to have MS, I just want a path of clarity so that I can work hard to have the best quality of life. And I am tired of hearing that this is just stress related.

MRIs were done on a machine with a Tesla of 1.5.

Oh, and then all symptoms go away for weeks at a time and right when I am feeling like it must have all been in my head, whammo, it all comes back.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have also been told that my list of symptoms could be stress related and it is soooooo frustrating.  I have also had a brain and neck mri as well as a ct scan of my brain.  I have no family history, but it is hard not to be stressed when having all these unexplained symptoms.  Good luck