Neurology Community
MS? Tumor? Polyarteritis nodosa? Lupus? Anxiety?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 21 year old male, and have been having some interesting symptoms.

It started with a mild tingling in my left pinky and ring finger after leaning on my left arm for a few minutes. It went away very slowly, perhaps after a couple of hours. I subsequently had the same thing happen two days later, under similar circumstances.

This turned into pain in my upper arm, forearm, and elbow, yet no two at the same time, and none for very long at all.

Since then, I have had a weak left leg, and similar off and on tingling in both legs and right arm. However, the vast majority is in my left hand. It affects all fingers and the entire hand at times, but is still focused in the last two fingers. Again, none of these symptoms seem to last more than an hour at a time. My legs and arms still fall asleep very easily, and once the tingling spread to my forehead, sides of my face, lips, and nose, but this was not severe. Also, when the symptoms are worst in my hands, they are cold, but not discolored.

What confuses everything and scares me are my other symptoms--mood change, loss of appetite, and anxiety--which is perhaps a contributing factor in all this.

Also, I have had some testicular pain off and on for the past few days, worse when sitting, but not constant or severe. I have started playing soccer recently, so perhaps this isn't related--but it is an important symptom for Polyarteritis nodosa, which I have some symptoms of and is very serious.

No fever, little medical background other than allergies, family history of diabetes and leukemia. In healthy shape, active often. Have had some pain

So does any of this sound serious, or could it all be very related to anxiety? Again, no symptom lasts very long, but they come on sporadically and often when I am doing something else.

Currently, I have had some blood tests (thyroid, don't know what else) and am getting an upper extremity EMG/NCV in two days. My reflexes seem normal, and I only have slight weakness from all of this.

Feel free to ask more questions and thanks for the help.