Neurology Expert Forum
MS and Baclofen and Diazepam
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

MS and Baclofen and Diazepam

My wife takes these two drugs and I have read that these will make the symptons worse.  I know for a fact she started taking the baclofen and she was not able to walk as good as when she took herself off of them and now she is walking better.  Not perfect but able to walk from one end of the mall to the other.
    Is there some other drugs she should take or does she need them at all?
===========================================================================
These are questions you need to ask your doctor. Why was she placed on them in the first place? Baclofen is an antispasticity medication. It is also a CNS depressant and can cause drosiness. If too much is taken it can affect walking. If she is better off the medication then it seems like she should not take it. The diazepam is valium. I'm not sure why she is taking that medication so it is difficult to say if she should be using something else. A number of medications are used to treat various problems associated with MS and your doctor should be able to help find the right combination. This information is provided for general medical education purposes. Please consult your doctor regarding treatment options available.