Neurology Community
Marijuana and Seizures?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Marijuana and Seizures?

I'm not sure if I'm in the right forum, but I couldn't find much about seizures, so this is where I landed.
Ok, so I'm a 20 year old college student and I have been smoking marijuana for about 3 years, almost on a daily basis. Generally speaking, I am in very good health, and rarely get sick.
I was smoking a blunt with some friends a few days ago, I took my first hit in rotation like normal, when I noticed that it tasted different. I mentioned the taste and everybody agreed with me. About 10 minutes later, I began to feel my left leg and thigh twitching, then my vision start to blur and then feeling like I was going to pass out. I was sitting in a chair watching TV...and then I woke up. I was very disoriented and my heart was racing; I had no idea what had happened, I was gasping for breath, and my whole body was tingling.
My friends who were with me both had experience with seizures before (one has seizures herself and one has viewed people who have experienced them). They said I started making grunting noises and then went limp. After going limp they told me I got stiff and then began shaking and convulsing. They called the police and I was taken in an ambulance to the emergency room. The police kept asking me for the weed, but it was all gone. They wanted to test it to see if it was laced.
I had blood taken and an CAT scan done. The doctors said that there was nothing abnormal about my brain, and that nothing in my brain caused the seizure. They immediately assumed it was from the weed. I'm no doctor, but I have been smoking for about 3 years and have never had an experience like this. I'm not epileptic either.
Has anyone ever had an experience like this before, or can someone give me some insight on this problem? The doctors told me to keep away from any drugs or alcohol, and to take it easy for a few days. They suggested that I do a follow up and possibly have an EEG done.
I smoke every day, so its hard for me to abruptly stop, and I just want to know if it is safe for me to smoke again, although I'm very scared to do so. Thank you for any advice/help you can offer.  
Hi~  I agree with the doctors. Don't smoke anymore. Period. That was a bad reaction you had...who knows WHAT was mixed with that pot?  It's just too scary to try it again.
All the best~
Vicki