Mass in back of brain
Yesterday my mom had a wreck.  She had minor injuries to her back and ankle, they took her by ambulance to a local hospital.  Apprarently they did an x-ray or something and while there were no major injuries from the wreck, they found a mass on the back of her brain.  They sent her home with the stipulation that she go and have an MRI done to determine what the mass is.  Can anyone give me any insight as to what would be the cause of this mass?  And should she see a Neurologist or a Neurosergon?  Also, does anyone know of an EXCELLENT one in the Memphis, TN area?
Hi, mass could be simple hematoma (collection of blood) due to injury, usually x rays show up external masses i.e. outside skull but for internal mass or bleeding, MRI is done.

MRI is indicated in case of head injury with symptoms like vomiting, loss of consciousness, hypertension, dizziness etc. Subdural hematoma is quite common in elderly people, it is collection of blood in membranes of brain and symptoms like fever, dizziness usually appear after 15 days of fall, this condition is diagnosed by MRI

Please do get MRI done, to be sure of no internal injury.
My grandmother had Myasthenia Gravis, is it possible that my mother has this and that is the cause of the mass in her brain?
Hi, myasthenia gravis has no relation with mass.