Mastoiditis
I had an MRI of the brain and it said that I had mild asymetry of pituitary gland...but the impression was followup with sellar protocol and Right Mastoiditis. I took my films to an ENT and he said that he did not see much disease in the mastoid. So my next brain MRI was to rule out pituitary microadenoma and that test also came back saying I have right mastoiditis...shouldnt someone treat this with something? What is it and if it is not treatable or of any concern whay is it listed on the report. Also what is the treatment for right mastoiditis...what should I do??

Mastoiditis is an infection of the mastoid process which is a part of temporal bone of the skull, behind the ear.
Symptoms include swelling and tenderness in the mastoid region, pain in the ear and fever and headaches.
Do you have any of these symptoms?
If yes, you need a course of iv antibiotics as soon as possible. Please remember prompt treatment can cure mastoiditis.
Thank you for your time. I do have headaches. I have intermittent pain on right side in jaw, behind ear(but more of a pulling sensation) and pain under jaw. I am not aware of any swelling and do not have fever. The MRI's I had done were 2 months ago and both indicated right mastoiditis. I did seek the opinion of an ENT and he said he didnt see much disease in the mastoid cavity and said there is no need for treatment. My question is why do they diagnose it on an MRI and yet not treat it?  Can you have Mastoiditis and just leave it? What should I do?

How are you?
Mastoiditis usually follows an ear infection and requires treatment.
It is very difficult to tell without a clinical examination and looking at the report whether it needs treatment or not.
Since you already have some of the symptoms like headaches, pain in the jaw, it needs to be treated. Please seek a second opinion on this. Take care!
Hi I recently had fluid filled mastoid show up on a MRI as well (i had it for Vertigo that I've had for several months)

I finally saw the ENT and he said he did think it was remarkable, even though my hearing test was poor and I have pain in and behind the ear (and near constant vertigo)

He told me to come back in two weeks for another hearing test, and he will treat me for fluid in the ear (which he feels is what is on the MRI).
I had bacterial pnuemonia last spring. It took forever for my dr to find this , with a blood test. So I had had it for awhile! Got better, summer came, and then pressure began to build in my ear. On and off the pressure was building. went to dr before I went on vacation- said it was allergies and to use alot of Sudafed along with Zyrtex. Came back from vacation , made another appt, same doc said hummm, allergies...if it's not better in a week go to a specialist. Which NOW would have been alot sooner! He put me on 2 weeks of terac. I went back and after a cat scan, he scheduled me for surgery a few days later. It was a b**** but got through it. 11 days from work and I returned  (with what I thought) was a clean bill of health. Is this enough recovery time? I teach, so I feel the need to get back. Dr said to take it easy...how long should I take it easy? Can I squat slowly and be ok? I feel I was not informed enough of the procedure. Thanks for any help. oh and I am 53. :)
KK
I have an echo when I talk & when other people talk to me, can not understand what is being said on tv, went to the Dr first he said it was ear wax & flushed the ear twice the an ENT said it was nerve damage, went to the Dr aging now he says it is mastoidits, I can't seem to get help from any one, have tried hearing aids they do not help, what can I do when a Dr just says learn to live with it, your going to have the echo & loss of hearing for the rest of your life, is there any kind of help I can seek from any one?