Memory/cogntivie problems with a whole set of weird symptoms. What could it be?
Lately I have been experiencing a series of symptoms which are really troubling me. I am having cognitive/memory problems (as compared to 3 months ago- this has been going on for 3 months), muscle twitches (all over my body, they are 'fasciulations'), and weird sensations in my right ear.  In terms of thinking, I just feel much more disconnected from the world, and I am not able to recall things as easily (my reading comprehension has also suffered). With my ear I have noticed that every time that I flex my oblique muscles (the ones adjacent to the abdominal muscles) I get a whooshing sound (similar to what a moving sea tide sounds like) in my right ear (not in the left one). I also get this whooshing sound whenever I bend over (I think it might be related to blood rushing to my head- don't know).

I also noticed that whenever I am sleep deprived I start to sweat excessively and I get the sensation that something is perforating my right ear. Any ideas as to what this could be? I will be going to a neurologist in a week, but it would be very useful for me to get some idea of what it is. I don't really mind having 'ear' problems, what I do mind is not being able to think well. This is really destroying my life (my grades have started to fall), the last 3 months have been very frustrating. So yeah, any suggestions/experiences?
Thank you very much.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems.  From you symptoms alone it sounds like chronic fatigue syndrome. This usually presents with widespread myalgia (muscle ache) and arthralgia (bone and joint ache), headaches, chronic mental and physical exhaustion, cognitive difficulties, concentration difficulty and memory problems. Cognitive behavior therapy, memory games, multivitamin therapy, nutritional care, graded increase in exercise all help to treat it. There is no cause for this.
Then you also need to investigate other causes of brain fog like liver dysfunction (get liver enzymes done—liver function test), kidney dysfunction (get kidney function test done), and anemia. Poor sleep pattern and sleep problems like sleep apnea too can cause brain fog. Sleep studies by sleep specialists can help diagnose this.Low Vit D or Vit B12 too could be the cause.
Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please consult your doctor regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.