Memory issues

I've been occasionally having these episodes where I suddenly remember doing something in the previous three or four hours that I did not know that I had done. When I try to remember what I was doing it feels like an out of body thing, like someone else was taking those actions. I also noticed that I don't ever remember actually deciding to take those actions. So far it has always been non-dangerous things such as checking the tire pressure in my car, doing laundry, or running a computer virus scan. In the last week I've have three of these episodes, when in the past 4 months it was just two.

What could this be?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Stress can trigger events or problems with memory. This is usually temporary. But persistent and progressive memory loss could be due to causes like medical and psychological conditions, trauma, medications, alcohol/drug abuse and infections. So, if your episodes are increasing and becoming troublesome, consult your doctor for an evaluation. In the meantime, you could try a lot of ‘brain teasers’ to improve your memory functions. And do get adequate sleep; it’s supposed to improve cognitive functions.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.