Neurology Community
Memory

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Memory

Can I erase memory of  1 month ago ?
  • Amnesia
    I am a 61-year-old female who has had 2 episodes of temp...[more]
  • memory loss (1 replies):
    I use to have Epilepsy when I was about 5 years old and ...[more]
  • Memory Loss
    I have always seen myself as someone with a bad memory b...[more]
  • no memories (2 replies):
    I have no memories of much of my childrens years growing...[more]
  • Memory (3 replies):
    I want to know if any one else suffers from the major me...[more]
We need to know more about what your health issue is, please.  If you've lost a memory from a month ago, and you're hoping it might come back, well, it might...some people with amnesia will and some won't.  If you were in an accident, perhaps, and bumped your head and you cannot remember part of a day or more, that likely will not come back, as concusssions of the brain won't let memories "cement" themselves from around the accident.  Now, if it's the other way around and you have a bad memory you want to get rid of, a hypnotist might be able to help you with that, but try to keep in mind lots of people have terrible memories they have to live with, and mostly they try not to think about it, and in time, they will fade somewhat.  If it's particularly stressful, visit a psychotherapist if the hypnotist doesn't work, and talk it out of your system, very helpful to seek help with stress.