Neurology Community
Meningitis

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Meningitis

Jan. 10, 2009 my 8 year old son Christian passed from meningitis and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around everything. When he enter the hospital he was not treated as quickly as possible for this disease or infection.2 days after entering the hospital Christian had a stroke and never recovered. From what, i somewhat understand medicine for swell of the brain was to be given. I'm not a doctor i would just like some answers as to what could have been done to prevent this from happening to my beloved son.  
My deepest sympathies at the loss of your young son.I can not say I can relate to how it feels, as I have not lost a child.I can only imagine.

I also con not help you with your questions, but I would recomend that you try the expert neuro forum where a dr may answer your question.

I pray you find peace
"selma"
my 5 yr old daughter just got out of the hosp for meningitis........they could not give me a 100% answer but they are sure it was bacterial meningitis!  no one told us how she got it, all they said was that i did the right thing by taking her to er asap!  friday morning she told me her head hurt when she looked down and me being a nurse i thought meningitis but "what are the odds" so i took her to daycare and told them to call me if she got sick!  fyi by time we made it to daycare she was bouncing off the walls!  i took her to daycare at 9am and at 3pm they called me and told me that they could not keep her awake long enough to get a good response out of her!  i picked her up and took her to her pedi and they couldnt find anything wrong with her but they gave her a shot of rocephin and sent her home!  from 5 to 7 she slept and at 7 i woke her up to eat and she was screaming her head hurt! i took her to er right away and with in a hour she could not move her neck so we decided on spinal tap! i was so scared but we did it anyways!  they came in bout a hr later and said they had to transport us cause she has "bacterial meningitis" she was treated in houston for 7 days with iv antibotics and shes fine!  no effects but they scariest **** ever. i am sorry for you loss i cant imagine!  email me personally on here if you have more questions!  tell me about your son