Neurology Expert Forum
Meningocele Teratoma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Meningocele Teratoma

I am a 34 year old female that just found out that I have a 4 x 3.5 x 4.5 teratoma located on the coccyx. I was born with a birth defect of my Ureathal Reflux. I also had to have a full hystorectomy at 31 due to pain with sex and the bladder dropping. To date I have not needed a bladder tact. My mother has rh- blood and my father o+. I have not had any pathology reports to date. What is going to be the best route for me to take? We have been looking on the internet and it does not seem like these  are found in adults. I want to be sure that I get the best surgeon for this. From what my doctor tells me the coccyx will have to be removed as well. On the ones I have found it seems that the ones that are found this late in life are malignant. Is there any advice you can share with me?

Thank You, please keep me in your prayers,
Stephanie
Anderson, SC
I am curious about what is happening as I have many defects also one resulting in losing part of a kidney and cyst on the base of my spine. In March 2008 I was told I have a brain tumor and we are waiting until August to check for growth... I am trying not to complain when everyone in my family tells me they are in worse pain or not to dewell on this... Scary isn't it!
Michelle told me about your problem. If I find out anything I will let you know. Love you and praying you will be ok.
Michelle's mom. Charlotte,
Meadowview, Va