Aa
A
A
Close
Microvascular Ischemic Brain Disease
I recently had a MRI last week with contrast and without  of my brain. The report reads: changes of
Microvascular Ischemic Disease in the periventricular white matter.

The only symptoms I have is pain at my forehead where I have a scare from a 30 year ago accident and pain in the back of my head. I am 61.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
209987 tn?1451939065
It is a clogging of the very, very, tiny veins in the circulatory system.

Small vessel ischemic disease places a patient at an increased risk of having a stroke. It is usually seen in people who have other medical conditions including high blood pressure or diabetes.

Your doctor probably told you to quit smoking if you smoke, eat healthier and lower your cholesterol if it's high, and to exercise.

This does not mean that you will have a stroke, but that you are placed in a higher category of having one.

Hope this helps, and take care.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I had basic same diagnose as you as 9 weeks ago I was hospitalized for dizziness, balance and co-ordination problems.  I also had a hemorratic stroke 10 years ago.  i am receiving in home physical therapy and am on diabetic, high cholesterol, high blood pressure medicine which they say are the causes for this diagnose but since diagnosed my physician never seems to give me any info or idea of how it progresses.  he acts like all is perfectly fine but when in hospital, he told my family and i it was very serious.  i would like to know how and if it progresses and also will I keep getting these dizzy spell/balance problems.  wish i had an answer for you but i like you am in the dark.  i am 70 years old
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
How to prevent microvascular ischemic brain diseasd
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Blank