Neurology Community
Migraine or aneurysm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Migraine or aneurysm

I am really concerned about my condition and would like your opinions and thoughts. I have been suffering from migraines for twelve months at times they are very painful and I cannnot function correctly for days afterwards. Last week I suffered a migraine that was so bad I was unable to walk for three days, I saw flashing lights before my eyes and my ears would not stop humming (although I have heard humming in my ears for around four months).  I was in hospital in March for three days and was toldI suffered from chronic migraine, I have had an MRI and CT scan both came back normal. However everyday I am in painmy pupils are often dilated and one is larger than the other although they go back to the same size a few hours later. My physician sent a letter stating my condition was not life threatening yet despite my CT result being normal it stated 'aneurysm???' does this mean I have an aneurysm? My family do not have a history of headaches in fact I'm the first to have such problems. I do not know what to do it's as if I'm just waiting for an aneurysm to rupture, DO YOU THINK i NEED TO WORRY??  Please help.
Ok that's seriously messed up. Your doc wrote that? Well please try not to freak,  I know it's hard. Yes, you need help. Competent, good help. Do you have friends or fam. whose opnion you trust, maybe they have a doc. you can see or maybe your insurance can refer you to someone.

I'm sorry I can't say what's going on with you. Have you had a lumbar puncture?

How are you?
Cerebral aneurysm occurs due to weakness in the wall of cerebral artery or vein. Aneurysms can occur due to congenital defect, or due to high BP and blockade of cerebral blood vessels and in some cases secondary to brain trauma.
An unchanging aneurysm will produce no symptoms. Nausea, vomiting, sever headaches occur just before the aneurysm is about to rupture.
The mainstay of treatment is prevention of brain hemorrhage by clipping the aneurysm of coiling the aneurysm by surgery.
Please discuss these treatment options with your doctor.
Are you taking any treatment for migraine? Usually topamax, magnesium supplements and biofeedback therapy have been shown to give good results.
I'm not taking treatments at present but I have a headache every day sometimes this is accompanied by pins and needles and ringing in the ear.  I saw a specialist six weeks ago and was told it was chronic migraine; strangely I sometimes go for a whole week without any thing then bang a headache for the next ten.  I also suffer from raynauds syndrome so don't know whether this has any bearing. My limbs are in pain everyday. Do you think it's an aneurysm? I'm so scared.