Neurology Community
Miserable Constant Aching Legs!!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Miserable Constant Aching Legs!!!!

Both my legs ache constantly...... I have Restless Leg Syndrome & take 3 mg Re-Quip daily.Using heating pad very often & find it comforting. I also have Fibromyalgia & lower spinal problems from previous L4-5 laminectomy.....could my aching legs be coming from the above???? Vicodin is helpful but do not like using pain killers so often. Also having pins & needles in bottom of both feet.......any in-sight to my problem????
It's possible that the aching pain in your legs is neuropathy.

I've had this kind of pain for several years.  I recently tried a new kind of Vitamin B12, and a couple hours later, the pain in my legs got better.   THAT's when I realized that I had neuropathy due to low B12.  I'm presently taking two doses per day of the B12.

Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum has written several books about fatigue and about pain, and his website at endfatigue has most of the information.
He has several very helpful suggestions for neuropathy in "Effective Treatment for Neuropathic (Nerve) Pain."
If you do an internet search for the title of the article and his name, you'll find it easily.

Carol
My legs ache in the muscle directly above the knee.  I have been to the doctor and they are not sure what it is.  My blood work all came back fine.  My lets don't tingle so I don't think it is RLS, but the constant pain in my legs is awful.  I am only 28 years old.  Massage seems to relieve the muscle pain.