Neurology Community
Missing left major artery in the brain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Missing left major artery in the brain

My Mother is 46 years old. She had Her first stroke five years ago and it was some what major. She has had 4 TIA's since then 3 of them hapening with in the last year and a half. She had a scan done on her head and the doctor descovered that she is missing her left major artery. He said obviously it was a birth defect and that she was simply born without it. He told her she would continue to have TIA's and that another major stroke was enevitable, and that she would eventually die from this. He could not give her a time line but told her to enjoy her life and live today like it is her last. How serious is her condition and a I over reacting for being so upset?