Morning Numbness
I wake up every morning with numbness in my legs,arms,and hands.I am always tired.I had to make a trip to the emergency room two weeks ago.I woke,and was numb mostly in my left side.My left arm and leg.I was trembling,and could barely stand long enough to shower.I was given an EKG.The results were normal.My blood pressure was a little high,but came down while they were monitoring me.Can someone tell me what could be the problem?                          Thanks    Christie Callahan
There are  many causes of numbness besides a heart problem. They are-Nerve disorders, Nutritional neuropathy, Nerve entrapment, Nerve compression, Circulatory disorders, Diabetes, Multiple sclerosis, Stroke, TIA, Panic attack , Syringomyelia, Sciatic nerve lesions, Heavy metal toxicity and many others. Please go for an MRI of the brain and spine and consult a neurologist for diagnosis. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!

Actually, "morning numbness" is commonly associated with two conditions. Spinal stenosis and diabetes. With abnormal blood sugar levels in the morning the osmolality of tisues are affected, which causes fluid to exert pressure on nerves, causing numbness. After breakfast, as the sugar levels improves, the pressure relaxes and the numbness disappears. Thus, the first tests to take with "morning numbness" (assuming it is not positional are blood glucose and an hbcA1c. The "trembling" is also a flag for a blood sugar disorder. This does not mean that diabetes is your problem, but it's worth taking a few inexpensive tests to rule this condition out.