Neurology Community
Movement in left hand

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Movement in left hand

The last week or so I have been losing movement in my left hand. I can't straighten my pinky and ring finger very well. At first I thought it was the weather change since I have broke my fingers before. The weather is fine and the condition hasn't gone away. My right hand is fine which is my dominate hand. Its a tight feeling to try to extend my fingers on my left hand. Nothing else hurts on my body which makes it weird to think its because of the weather. Its super hard to type and to grab things with my left hand now.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Ulnar nerve entrapment may present with numbness in the small finger, along the half of the ring finger closest to the small finger, and the back half of the hand over the small finger. The numbness is transient at first and usually occurs in the middle of the night or in the morning. However, overtime, the numbness is there all of the time, and weakness of the hand sets in. It is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Physical therapy may be indicated. Take care and do keep us posted.