Mri Results
Hello I am a male 59 years of age, I have been under. A neurologist for 4 months,I have had a full neurological exam and tested positive babinsky, I have tremors and spasms, unsteady on feet and have neuropathic leg pain and some speech problems occasionally.

My mri scan showed some diffuse high T2 and flare signal within the pons leaving the central rim of normality around the outside, I have reviewed the images myself and this is most certainly vascular disease.  Small vessel.

Can anyone throw some light on what this might meaning layman's terms
Thanks Andy
Hey Andy!

Babinski is a specific sign seen in a few neurological conditions, the common ones being UMN lesions/ strokes. T2 hyperintensity and flare are descriptions of radiological images. With the clinical and radiological evidence the symptoms appear to be due to areas of reduced blood supply to the brain resulting in ischaemia. It would be best to discuss the situation and the suggested management plan in detail with your treating neurologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!