Neurology Community
Muscle Twitching, Burning Sensation

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Muscle Twitching, Burning Sensation

So about two weeks ago i started having muscle twitches, they started in my thigh but spread to my calves, arms, neck, and every once in a while the face. I'm 6'4, 210 pounds, and i used to have high blood pressure, though i never took anything for it, i'm almost certain its down to normal now though. Last night i laid down and after a while my legs felt like they had bad sunburn, and i couldn't sleep, it was terrible really. Woke up two hours later for school and still had minor burning in left calf and now that spread to my face and knees. It's not really a bad feeling, just something concerning, I'm not weak or anything, i jog and play volleyball regularly and i don't even feel weak now! Is this something to worry about? i'm going to a doctor in about three hours.
Avatar dr m tn
There are many causes of muscle twitching. Some of them are- Benign fasciculation syndrome, anxiety, electrolyte imbalance, stress, and neurological diseases like Multiple sclerosis, Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and many others. Please go for MRI of the brain and spine and consult a neurologist and physician for diagnosis and treatment. Hope this helps you. Take care and regards!  
based on my descriptions what do you think the chanes are of this being a neurological disease?
I have a lot of muscle twitching too. Mostly in my feet, hands, legs, and arms but other places as well. It can be pretty annoying and if that isn't bad enough I have shooting pains usually in my feet, hands, arms, and back. Also if I hit this nerve on my finger it hurts so bad I scream. Anyway I've had two nerve and muscle tests, once when I was 16 I woke up one day and my legs were so weak they collasped. I ended up having to quit school because I could'nt walk and my dr. wouldn't give me a wheelchair to use. The weakness has passed but not long after that the twitching began. I didn't go to the doctors agian until a few months ago cuz I thought they would just say it was in my head. I ended up going when some new nerves would make it shoot and tingel down my back and down to my feet, but once agian the nerve test showed that I don't have neropothy and I forget what else it tested for but it just seems that doctors either think it's in my head or that I need to lose weight, but I weighed less when the whole thing started. So I know how you are feeling having to deal with stuff. I've been dealing with my problems for years and mine seems to be slowly getting worse.