Neurology Community
Muscle Twitching, Floaters, Pins and Needles

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hello, i have a question about some neurological symptoms that i have been having. Firstly ,about two years ago, i noticed that sometimes when i woke up, one of my arms completely numb. About the same time i started to notice that i just don't have that strength in my hands as i used to, meaning at some points it was hard for me to make a hard fist (i' have sort of had that tingling sensation). After a while these went away. I can't say fro sure how long they lasted. After that, for about a year, or maybe less, i have been experiencing muscle twitches all over my body. Most of these twitches are not constant, meaning that they start at one point and after a few seconds they stop. I also noticed some floaters in my right eye, at about the same time my hand numbness was present. I also feel sometimes the pins and needles sensation, but that goes far back. I have had this pins and needles effect since i was very young. What could these mean? Overall i feel fine. I didn't notice any changes in my behavior nor did anyone else. Oh yes, i am a smoker.    
Funny, I have had many of those symptoms too.  My arm has never actually gone numb. In Oct 06 I started with constant daily headaches. I went from doctor to doctor trying to figure them out. At one point I had an IV in my arm for a week and had to go into the hospital for infusions of DHE every eight hours. Those headaches went away but I still get headaches, they are just different.  I also get the muscle twitches, sometimesthey last for a day and sometimes for a couple seconds but they are all over my body. I also have pins and needles all over my body. They started a couple of months ago and were just irritating, but now they've become painful and I get a burning sensation at the bottom of my feet.
So if you get an answer of any kind, I would love to hear about it.  My doc is blaming depression and anxiety, but I think that's putting the cart before the horse. You can only be told so many times that nothings wrong with you without getting a little depressed!
Wow!! ive felt many of those symptoms aswell!!!amazing how you find people around the world that feel exactly the same way you do...poor us though.we have yet got an answer as to why we are feeling this way. ' It's not normal!'
Well anyway as for me i've had this tingling,pins and needles kinda feeling for nearly 6 years now and i still dont have any clue of what this is.  Ive been in to see my local doctor several times and been sent to a neurologist to see what is wrong with me. the specialist has notced that some of my nerves are abnormal but cannot understand why..so i was told that untill i feel something again i have to go back in and see them...mine is quite confusing but ive gone and googled exactly what i feel and research has told me that i may have Paresthesia???i have no clue of what that is but i might go in and ask my doctor about it....
i have pins and needles around my whole body but not all at once.i have what i describe 'patches' of the 'pins and needles,tingling' feeling that occur on my body.it helps when i hop in a warm shower but then goes back to how i felt before i went in the shower, when i come out.
also, i have recently felt twitching in my body aswell.it may last for a minute or so then go away then maybe 5-10 minutes later it occurs again.
Overall i fell fine but in desperate need of answers.this is so annoying and i definately want to find out what is wrong with me so i can find treatment to make this go away.... :( PLEZ HELP!!!
  Hi I'm David 38 from Hertfordshire.........

I am a long term sufferer of Migranes (migraines) (first diagnosed as Severe Tension Headaches) for 11 years now. I've recently had a DHE in a nuerology hospital. Ive started to get Pins and Needles in my left arm. I get this as I turn my head fully left. I noticed since the DHE that my left shoulder pains and my stiff neck has worsened which ive had for 11 years also. I have noticed that my left shoulder is kinda slumped, lower than my right. Maybe its a posture thing, i will get this looked at.
I get pins&needles in my hands,fingers,feet,arms and even in my lips.I suffer from a stiff neck, which some days is agony, I have seen a neuorologist, had a lumbar puncture,MRI scan and lots of other tests, and lots of blood tests,all come back negative. Its now been put down to anxiety. I cant live much longer with these symptoms. Its driving me crazy and affecting my life so much. Even typing now i have pins&needles in my fingers.I am a healthy 36 year old with 2 kids.