Neurology Community
Muscle Twitching/buzzing feeling
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle Twitching/buzzing feeling

Im a 21 year old male that goes to ASU and have always been pretty healthy. But lately I have been having a ton of muscle twitches all through out my body (mostly in legs though). My doctor says this could be due to anxiety? I do have anxiety but I cant believe it would cause all this twitching. Also the last few days my left hand and foot has felt cold off and on. Are these common nerve problems or just symptoms of anxiety? I have had some nerve and blood tests but they all came back alright. My doctor said she may send me to a nuerologist but I do not know if that would be a waste of money. I just dont like living my life with such medical anxiety!
Thanks guys.
Related Discussions
Hi,
I think you need to relax.
Muscles twitching are also called as fasciculation’s. Muscle twitching is the result of minor local muscle contractions or the uncontrollable twitching of a single muscle group served by a single motor nerve fiber or filament. Some minor muscle twitching is common and goes unnoticed, but some may be sign of underlying neurological disorder.
Benign twitches are normal and quite common, often triggered by stress or anxiety. Any irregularity in your daily diet can also cause similar symptoms. Any drug overdose especially caffeine. Exercise can also induce twitching.
Symptoms suggestive of a neurological cause of fasciculation’s include:
Wasting of muscle, weakness, other findings of nerve dysfunction like pain, tingling and numbness. Neurological illnesses where fasciculation’s are seen include:
Chronic denervation of muscle due to disk compression of nerve exiting the spinal cord, ALS, spinal muscular atrophy, Muscular dystrophy among others.
I think it is anxiety which is causing more concern for you as all investigations including scans and physical examination is normal.
You can check it out with a neurologist if any possible neurological cause exists.
I think you should do Yoga, Meditation and relaxation exercise to help you further.
Hope this helps.
Bye.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Neurology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703