Muscle atrophy/muscle wasting
I have been diagnosed with ulna nerve entrapment in my left hand which has been the result of a recent surgery to remove the pisiform bone and clean up some cartilage and arthritis in the area. My doctor says it is a result of scar tissue near the ulnar nerve causing pressure. The result has been muscle weakness in both pinch strength as well as grip strength and an obvious physical deformation of the hand. My question is since this has been the condition of my hand since my surgery in September of this year is the muscle atrophy or wasting as it is also refered to reversible after such a long period of time? My doctor was not able to say one way or the other and I would like another thought on the matter. Thanks
     How are you? Because of the anatomic positioning of the ulnar nerve, it is subject to entrapment and injury by a wide variety of causes. Presenting symptoms of ulnar nerve entrapment can vary from mild transient paraesthesias in the ring and small fingers to clawing of these digits and severe intrinsic muscle atrophy, difficulty in opening jars or turning doorknobs. Early fatigue or weakness may be noticed if work requires repetitive hand motions. Numbness usually precedes motor loss. Muscle wasting and clawing of the ring and small digits are indicative of a chronic compressive syndrome.
There are two modes of treatment for this condition: conservative and surgical.

As in your case, symptoms are getting worse over time, surgery is the best option. Indications for surgery are no improvement after 6-12 weeks of conservative treatment, progressive paralysis. There are majority chances of reversal of muscle damage during this period.
Consult your doctor for further assistance.
Best.