Muscle cramps, dizzyness - panic attacks?
Hi there, really hoping someone may be able to help me on here.  For the last month or so, I have been suffering from repeated cramps and contractions in my hamstrings (both sides), the main problem is it affects me when I am in a seated position which means in many cases I cannot sit comfortably.

I have been unable to drive because sitting in the driving position and pressing the pedals causes the cramps to come on.  I have been having physiotherapy, where my physio has said I have lots of "trigger points" on my hamstrings, causing the discomfort, but she also says that she does not think this is really the cause - and that there is underlying tension in my body causing this to happen.  Sometimes I can feel panic-attack like symptoms when i get the cramps, and can feel light headed/dizzy.  I have also just started a course of CBT/Cognative behavioural therapy, but no firm diagnosis as to the cause from my doctor.

I wondered if there was some neurological reason for me getting repeated cramps, and I also understand my symptoms can be linked to anxiety disorders?  I am a healthy 33 year old man, good diet, play sports regularly, drink lots of water, but this has been going on for a month and is not getting any better at the moment.  Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!
Hi there. Your symptoms need a neurologist to evaluate for fibromyalgia.  This is characterized by constant dull ache in muscles. It is also characterized by additional pain on firm pressure to specific areas called tender points. The locations can be back of head, between shoulder blades, top of shoulders, front of neck, upper chest, outer elbows, inner knees etc.  the diagnostic criteria involves at least 11 out of 18 trigger points, complete blood count, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, thyroid function tests etc. depending on the diagnosis, you may need to be prescribed certain medications like analgesics like NSAIDs, anti depressants, anti seizure drugs like gabapentin, therapy with a psychiatric counselor, reducing stress, regular exercise etc.  If this is fibromyalgia, you also need to consult a pain physician for consideration of trigger point injections. Hope this helps. Take care.