Neurology Community
Muscle twitches; pins/needles (not painful)
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Muscle twitches; pins/needles (not painful)

About 11 weeks ago I got sick (had viral pharyngitis). This lasted about 3 weeks. But 2-3 weeks after the onset I started to feel deep muscle pains in the legs, muscle twitches, pins/needles, tinglings and crawling like sensations in addition to warm/cold feelings. The symptoms are distill so kind of random and all over. At night it appears to be worse. My family doc did the routine blood work and nothing came up. I have a neurologist appointment but I live in Canada (at the moment) - moving to New York City for 6months-to-1Year in July - so my appointment is so far away because of social medicine here. So I have been left to pick the brains of my family doc thinks its anxiety (I am a very anxious person) so she recently prescribed me paxil (25 mg dose). I just started it so it hasnt really taken affect. She gave me clonazapham and that does help a lot. I am wondering if anyone has had these types of symptoms and be benign.  I'm kind of worried that its ALS or MS. I dont notice any weakness but I'm not sure how weak one would have to be. I can play sports and do the regular things I do expect that the pains can get quite deep at times and the neuro symptoms really annoying.  Appreciate the feedback. Thank you in kind.