Neurology Community
Muscle twitching- Multiple areas

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Muscle twitching- Multiple areas

Hello!

For a few weeks now I've been experiencing muscle twitching in my arms, groin, legs, neck, and back. It occurs maybe once or twice a day and usually in one area per day. I went to the doctor and he gave me a electricity test to see how long it takes for a volt to travel from Point A to B and back to A. Results came back normal and he couldn't prescribe me any medicine for it. I had a fear of HIV for the past 5 weeks and at first I thought it was a lymph node swelling(never had a swollen node so I didn't know how it feels like) but I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm 21, very healthy, stopped exercising(lifting and running due to this), and I am not deficient in Vitamins. As I type I felt a twitch in my thigh and elbow. What causes this?
Hi!
If there are no vitamin deficiencies, then electrolyte imbalance, sleep disturbances, liver problems, kidney problems, too much caffeine intake (cola, coffee, tea etc), drinking alcohol, thyroid problems and diabetes can cause muscle twitching on and off. Please discuss with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thank you for the reply but let me say something. I only felt it once I was anxious and with the absence of my multivitamins, I've been twitching. I only said I wasn't deficient because I Just thought I was okay. I went back on my MVs and starting to see it occur less than before perhaps I was really lacking the vitamins. I felt it for a second in my jaw today and only then did it occur. Safe to assume it was my lack of vitamins, right?