Neurology Community
Muscle twitching, tremors, numbness, and tingling in my hands and lower...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Muscle twitching, tremors, numbness, and tingling in my hands and lower legs and feet.

For the last two weeks I have been experiencing muscle twitching, tremors, numbness, and tingling in my hands and lower legs and feet.

Specifically I have been having frequent involuntary twitching or movement in my left  ring and pinkie finger. The twitching happens frequently with no apparent trigger and can last from 5 to 30 seconds and sometimes in succession. This is the most frequent symptom.

I have been also having tremors in my right hand which last a couple of minutes.

I have also been feeling numbness in my legs and hands like it is falling asleep but I don't have the pins and needles feeling when it "wakes up." I have also been feeling tingling in my hands in feet as well. There seems to be no specific time when these feelings of numbness and tingling occur. This can last from 30 seconds to 5-10 minutes. The tingling and numbness do not occur together.

I should also say that earlier in late January and early February I had severe headaches. Pain medication like Vicodin did not work to relieve the pain and sense of intense pressure in my head. I went to the ER twice and both times the CT was clear and my spinal tap was negative. They were attributed to stress, since there was nothing organically wrong with me at the time. They have substantially reduced since eliminating certain stressors.

I was wondering if this is something I should worry about and if I need to see my doctor about this?
Hello
I would go to your GP as soon as you can to rule out anything nasty.
Hope everything go's o.k
go the hospital again and tell them you want a MRI done, this way when you go and see a nero.doc he/she can tell you what is wrong,
hang in there, I understand I have the same feelings in my arm and leg, and my hand just started twitching last night.
I can relate to you. I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor about amonth ago, given medication to take 4 times a day. Few days later I started having HUGE jerking in my hips and legs, standing and sitting, and after that I started having numbness and tingling in my right arm, both my legs. Doctors have done the EEG...nothing found...and MRi of the brain, nothing there either, and an MRI of the spine with some questionable things but non the less, "findongs normal". I am starting to think that this ET is a nasty case of it, which just means that the communication between my nervous system "friends" are not working right. I know how crazy I feel that they can't find anything wrong, but stay on top of the neurologist because they generally seem to give you the littlest info they can get away with and send you on with a prescription.
I completely agree with all of you above.

i suggest to seek out your GP and take on his/her recomendations from there..
as for tests and or recomended doctors to look into..

i was nearly 16 when i first experiencing hand tremors and spasms.  When i was 19 i began to jerk, and loosing that much control over my body pushed my limit.  That was when i finally took the step and saw my GP, then after a few more years of nightmarish tests and neurologists.....

I was finally diagnosed with familial tremors two years ago
yeah there are still going to be tests, and no there is no cure- it only escalates with time.
well i do wish you all well, and look forward to talking to you all again.
I am 41 and get numbness suddenly in my hands, sometimes in the night and sometimes I can be at work and it suddenly happens. The doctor thought I might be under stress. I had an MRI because of headaches and it came back fine, except for some cysts in my sinuses that were not harmful the Dr. says. Now I started getting numbness and tingling in my legs and just had a little twithching in my thumb area. I'm worried because I'm a single mom of 4 and need to be here for my kids. My maternal grandfather used to have tremors in his hand. My 15 yr. old son especially needs me, he has epilepsy. Maybe this is part of my stress....