Neurology Community
Muscle twitching and electric feeling

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Muscle twitching and electric feeling

I have been experiencing severe muscle twitching in my entire body for over two months now, and and electric feeling like I've been plugged into a light switch. It is worse at night and when I'm trying to sleep or rest.  It seems to correlate with a popping that happens in my thoracic area - whenever that pops when I am laying on the floor doing stretches, or I lift something and it pulls on that area, then the twitching seems to get worse.   I have had a negative EMG, and the doctor tried to tell me it was anxiety.   Could this really be anxiety?   If so, why is it happening while I am sleeping and then it wakes me up?  Am I still twitching in my sleep?   I did have a positive ANA test and a low WBC around 333 and I'm waiting for the results to come back from my second test that I took on Friday.  Also, I did have EBV at some point in my life.     Could this cause for a false positive on my ANA test?     Sorry for the long story, though I really am trying to figure out why this is happening.   Also, could it be an allergy to something?  

Thanks so much for your help.

Kind regards,
Sonja
Hi there.

A positive ANA should be taken in the context of your accompanying signs and symptoms.  In order to diagnose connective tissue diseases, there are constellation of signs and symptoms that a patient must fulfill together with a positive ANA.  Your low WBC is also a cause of concern since this might predispose you to acquire infections.  Your condition may take more than one doctor to diagnose and I suggest that you discuss with your doctor regarding a multidisciplinary conference.  Hospitals usually have these conferences to tackle complicated cases.

I hope you and your doctors figure this out soon.  Regards and God bless.
hiya i have a problem no one seems to understand as i feel it hard to explain. Ifeels like an itchy tag in my right shoulder blade, which makes me feel agrovated. This send electric spasms up my right arm, and i feel itchy all over my body, my hands have pins and needles and my arm ends up feeling numb. All this causes my vains to stand right out and it can come at any time and it can go any time. Sometimes i have it all day and sometimes not atal. Theres no link that starts it off it jusy comes as it pleases. I went to an oesteopath for 2 years and achieved nothing from this. He seemed to think it was related to stress however i disagree as im not atal stressed.
I have read what people have described and I don't like to say this ,but it sounds as if you may be a T.I a Targeted Individual? I am one my self and have been for at lest 10 yrs. And what happens in this campinge of hate is electronic harassment . What you need to do is google gang stalking / electronic harassment -Hitech harassment and just get info. on what you are experiancing thereis also stuff on you tube . Now some of the calims are off on these government consperiacies but there are much more binin reasosns these could happen to you like revenge. but honestly do some reaserch and see, this gose to any body that is experiancing this. I was getting muscel spasms just at the time I was falling aseelp and then woken up by them. do yourself afavour and at lest discard it by getting the info. because if you are a T.I. there are things you will need to know wish you luck