Neurology Expert Forum
My 5 year old daughter
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

My 5 year old daughter

Posted By BRENDA B. LABORDE on September 10, 1997 at 18:21:55:

Several months ago my daughter heard noises inside her ears, and upon asking us to listen to the noise, when we put our own ear up to hers, we also heard it. It sounds like a whizzing sound. When you press on either of her carotid arteries, the sound slows down. She was seen by a neurologist who suspected avm or aneurysm. He ordered  an EEG, MRI/MRA all of which  came back normal. He then said sometimes children will have noises when growing and it was nothing to worry about. We are cetainly relieved the tests were normal, but at the same time still are concerned and have doubts since every other doctor we mention this  to says they have never heard of such a thing. She had a seizure when she was 20 months old but was due to 104 degree fever. She also had calcification on skull aprox 1 year later. Please give any info you can share and help put our minds at ease. Is this something that you have seen in the past? Noises from growing?