Neurology Community
My 6 month old

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My 6 month old

My 6 month old will be seeing a neurologist soon.  She is tightening her neck muscles and shaking her head - it looks like she is straining herself (no, she isn't going to the bathroom but that is what it looks like).  This lasts for a couple of seconds.  She says mama.  She can sit up by herself for a few seconds.  She is not rolling over yet.  It looks like she is eager to walk and really hates tummy time.  What could be wrong with her, I'm going nuts.
Hehe, I love how all the moms on here come on and put that "mom" in their name, it's for sure something my mom would put. It would be "smart alecks mom".
Welcome to the site and to the community. You have come to a place where people are very supportive and have a lot of information. I would like to point out that
as the information on your left says, this is only my personal advice and you should always consult a doctor with problems first. Also, while it is
understandable to want information or advice about medication/s you should never alter or stop without speaking to the prescribing doctor first.
The advice I give is from personal knowledge and or experience, this does not mean I am a health professional or that my advice should be
taken over a health professionals. If I am not able to help, rest assured there will probably be more people to help.

With that technicality out of the way, I don't have any answers, but I will make sure that your post does not get buried so that other people who can answer the question will, because they are cool and kind like that here.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. A neurologist to check if she has been throwing seizures, the full-blown generalized tonic clonic seizure or absence seizure, should examine your child. The neurologist would like to examine her and
Do an EEG, electrophysiological testing and MRI brain to check for any lesion. The child could be just resisting your attempts to feed her specially if she has been weaned off her milk diet. Show her to a pediatrician at the earliest and then a neurologist to miss any important lesion. Hope this helps. Take care.