Neurology Community
My MRI results

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My MRI results

I'm having MUCH dizziness and tingling in my head for last 2 months, here's my MRI results, what does it mean?
Several punctate white matter hyperintensities on T2 weighted imaging are
distributed in a fashion that raise question for demyelinization and MS. No
evidence of enhancement is identified and the corpus callosum is spared. There
is no associated atrophy.
2. Periventricular white matter signal changes on the left may relate to
gliosis/scarring of nonvascular origin. No associated enhancement is observed.
3. No posterior fossa abnormality is otherwise recognized. No abnormality of the
orbits is identified.
4. No abnormality of the optic nerves, the optic chiasm, the optic tracts, the
optic radiations is apparent.
Avatar dr f tn
Hello dear and welcome to the medhelp forum. The symptoms and MRI findings are both suggestive of multiple sclerosis, which is a demyelinating inflammatory syndrome affecting the neurological system. There are other causes of demyelination that need to be excluded like hypercholesterolemia, migraines, hypertension. Consult a neurologist immediately for a complete evaluation since MS needs to be checked for correct diagnosis and management. Wishing you all the best.