Neurology Community
My eyes are bouncing up and down and side to side

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My eyes are making my head hurt and feel sick I also have pain and loss of strength in my left arm and have tingling in my hands and feet. I do have Multiple Sclerosis diagnoised in 99" relapes remmit. I had some methyl prednisolone 4 months ago and have had to have some more will this hurt me long term?
I take rebiff now used to have beta1b but they thought this may not be strong enough for me, but why am i still having big relapes I rest as much as I can?
Hi Dear,
The medical treatment options for MS include,
Three are interferons: two formulations of interferon beta-1a (Avonex and Rebif) and one of interferon beta-1b (Betaseron). A fourth medication is glatiramer acetate (Copaxone). The fifth medication, mitoxantrone, is an immunosuppressant also used in cancer chemotherapy, is approved only in the USA and largely for SPMS. Finally, the sixth is natalizumab (marketed as Tysabri). All six medications are modestly effective at decreasing the number of attacks and slowing progression to disability.
Comparisons between immunomodulators (all but mitoxantrone) show that the most effective is natalizumab, both in terms of relapse rate reduction and halting disability progression; it has also been shown to reduce the severity of MS. Mitoxantrone may be the most effective of them all; however, it is generally considered not as a long-term therapy as its use is limited by severe cardiotoxicity

Take care