Neurology Community
My head feels like its in a bubble I cant see clear back of my neck is ...

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My head feels like its in a bubble I cant see clear back of my neck is very tight and discomforting and ears crackle

I have been feeling like this for a year now,my head feels very arcloudy,it also hurts in the back from the top of my head to the middle  of my shoulders. My ears feel full and they crackle expecially when I yawn. Also my eyes are sensitive to light. I have been to the fam. Dr. he thought it was eustachian tube he treated it but it did't work, I went to the Ear,Nose,and Throat Dr. had my ears checked wasn't that. The ENT Dr. told me to get a MRI with contrast and a Doppler done I haven't done so yet because of ins. I had a cat scan that came back clear when I went to the ER about 9 mos. ago. I'm ready to go to the ER again I can not take it anymore,i'm tired of trying to diagnose this myself it's been to long, iv'e tried to be strong but I feel hopeless now. I have a disk in my back that i'm suppose to get replaced with a charite an artificial disk. Does anyone think this could have any thing to do with this? Im very desperate,hopefully I gave enough info ,Thank You, Cnt takit anymor
Hi there...sorry to hear about your frustrations.  I have been dealing with similar symptoms for about eight months now.  It started with a tightness in my head(no pain) and pressure in my left ear.  Along with that, I had occassional blurred vision and numbness in my nose and lips.  I saw a neuro and five GP's.  No official diagnosis yet!!!  I had an MRI w/wo contrast and the neuro said "neck tension causing pressure on cranial nerves".  Who knows?  I have found that anxiety about the symptoms causes them to intensify.  I also feel that certain stimulants aggrevate the condition (alcohol, excessive caffein, and OTC drugs ie: benadryl, tylenol p.m.)  My GP prescribed Toporol (beta blocker) because of what he felt to be adrenaline surges due to anxiety...this has actually helped, but the symtoms (symptoms) are still present.  Best wishes to you in finding answers for this.  I'll keep an eye on the post.
Those have been exactly my symptoms.  I have experienced the bubbling sensation (and tightness) for the last two years as a result of stress.  Getting stressed about it just encourages it.  I have just worked out a mental method for how to deal with it:

1)  DO NOT RESIST OR TENSE UP.  Relax around the bubbles.  Allow them to do what they want.  Regard them without passing any judgement, it is no concern of yours.

2)  Observe the bubbling in your head as if from outside.  Imagine that it is an external phenomenon OCCURRING TO SOMEONE ELSE.  Focus on the white conscious space surrounding the bubbling black rather than on the bubbling black itself.

I have found the bubbling to dissipate once I do this.  Getting stressed about it just encourages it to repeat and become an ingrained behavioural pattern.  Engaging in stressful behavioural patterns is harmful, teach yourself not to.  In my experience, the bubbles are not harmful in and of themselves, just don't pay any attention.  
My somewhat same symptoms started when for 2 weeks straight, was sleeping on a moldy couch,which I didn't realize until it was too late. My eyes were extremely red, and I had extremely painful bubbly sensation in the front of of brain to a little beyond the temples, bloody scab-like hard mucus (boogers) out of my nose, and bloody noses everyday. After realizing that it was the couch, I immediately got rid of it and it eventually got better over time, but not perfect, I still get that bubbly sensation, but not nearly as intense and my nostrils do scab up, out of the blue from tie to time. My depression is chronic and I tend to forget things and basic spellings of words.   Anybody else have mold brain issues like this or similar?