My hips keep popping in and out
Ok so im only 17 and i've been having this problem a couple years now. Sometimes my hips pop out of place kinda and i either have to find a way to pop them back in or just deal with the pain. Sometimes if i wait to long to pop them back in i get sharp pains going up into my lower back. When there popped out i can't lay on my back or stomic at times and if i do i have to tighten my body then slowly relax or i get major pain. I used to go to a chiropractor to get them popped back in place but that just made me more depentant on getting them popped all the time. Whats wrong and why do i have this problem? I've been told that my mom has the same hip problem but not as bad as i do.
      How are you? With the symptoms you mentioned I think it is snapping hip syndrome. Snapping hip syndrome is a condition that is characterized by a snapping sensation, and often an audible 'popping' noise, when the hip is flexed and extended. There are several causes for snapping hip syndrome, most commonly due to tendons catching on bony prominences and "snapping" when the hip is moved. Causes could be hip labral tear, iliopsoas tendon snap, iliotibial band snap etc.

X-rays and MRI can help in making diagnosis. Consult a orthopaedician for further assistance.
Best.