My lower back and legs twitch
In 2005 I had surgery for a herniated disc.  About a month prior to my surgery, my body suddenly 'twitched', like when you are about to fall asleep, but dream about falling.  Except I was not dreaming and I was awake.  Since then, I have experienced this more increasingly, and in the past year, it went from a couple of times a week (always while I am relaxing, or trying to fall asleep) to every single day and night.  I also suffer from (undiagnosed) RLS.  My partner has woken me up at night, not for moving, as with PLMD, but because I stop breathing, which I assume is sleep apnea.  
What is this?  I have read article after artilce about PLMD accompanying RLS, but no mention of twitches and/or spasms while awake.  As far as I know, all of my involuntary body movements occur while I am wide awake, and it, along with my restless legs, keep me from sleeping.  
I tried to explain this all to my Doctor, but he just told me to stop drinking caffiene and lose wieght.  He didn't seem to take my concerns seriously.  
This is making me nuts!  Help!  The sudden body twitching is really the worst, but if I take a vicodin (which I can't because I no longer have a prescription, as it was originally given to me for my back.) it decreases them.
Do these symptoms sound familiar to anyone?  What should I do about getting help from my doctor?
thanks!
Lovejetta

This discussion is related to Paresthesias, Body Twitches - MS?.