Neurology Community
Myoclonus or more?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Myoclonus or more?

Hello, I started having neurological problems about seven years ago when I was 35. I am a female.
I started having tremors in my left hand, myoclonus which was severe and seemed to come and go as well as all the other symptoms of urine incontinance, numbness, weakness, tingling, and cognitive problems. Anyways I was sent to a local movement disorders specialist, who looked at my
MRI images and did a full exam. He sent me for neuropycological testing and then told me that I had CBGD.
He told me my MRI showed shrinking and I believe scarring and my mental testing showed I had something simular to Huntingtons. I have no known history of Huntingtons so he diagnosed CBGD and told me to get things in order because it was going to kill me.
Well after a couple of years it began to clear up. Keep in mind by this time I was in a wheelchair. When it started to get better he changed his diagnosis to depression with these other symptoms being made up. I was given another MRI and told it was normal, however the symtoms (symptoms) returned about a year ago but not as severe. I am not in a wheelchair. However I am having the myoclonus again, thinking problems, and some incontinence, and numbness. One day I was having some double vision so I went to the eye doctor who recommended I have an EEG which I did. The flashing lights and the hyperventilating triggered the myoclonus but showed no seizures. So I am now treating the myoclonus with clonazepam which does help some. I am having some trouble with my thinking but I am reluctant to bring anything else up to my doctor about these problems because I dont think they take me very serious because of the its all in my head diagnosis. Dont get me wrong,
I know the mind can play tricks but I really think they could have missed something too, because of their originally telling me what my MRI and other testing showed them. Should I try harder to get them to take me serious or should I just try to ignore it and hope it goes away again?
Tags: myoclonus
Just bumping Myoclonus or more up a little. I really could use some help. Thank You.