NERVE BLOCK IN NECK
I had a nerve block done in my neck a few days ago, however I am still experiencing a dull shocking sensation in my right arm that I was experiencing before the surgery. Some of the pain is also coming back. My doctor said it would take a few weeks. I am scared. What is going on?
Hi there. There are various nerve blocks done like therapeutic nerve block to treat painful conditions where local anesthetic is injected to control acute pain. The effect may have worn off that’s why the pain has returned. Review with your pain physician instead of getting concerned. Take care.

i had a nerve block in my neck for rotator cuff surgery, since my surgery aug. 2010 i have had a stiff neck off and on (on the ingection side) about every other week up till now, as of today it went completly out, meaning can't turn my head without alot of pain and tightening in my neck on surgery side.very painful. Is this common, what do you suggest.
HAD BAD REACTION TO NERVE BLOCK. FELT SEVERE SHOCKING SENSATIONS AND PAIN PRIOR TO ROTATOR CUFF SURGERY. IT HAS BEEN ALMOST 36 HOURS POST OP AND MY RT EAR IS STILL NUMB!