NVS/ENG
Hi first of all I am a 33 y/o female.  I've had several health issues.  I was diagnosed w/hypertension at the age of 13.  Began meds at the age of 17 been on meds for that ever since.  Its still uncontrollable and am currently on 13 pills daily.  Second of all I was diagnosed w/OSA and have been on CPAP for 2 years now.  Then a little over 2 years ago I literally went to bed fine and the next morning around 4'ish I literally could not move.  I was in severe pain.  It was like I was in a "lock mode".  I couldn't stand to lay there any longer due to the pain but at the same time I couldn't raise up.  My husband and daughter had to slowly get me out of bed (took almost 30 mins).  Well from that point on I just began to slowly get worse lower/lumbar pain.  Even on 2 different occasions I went to bed and urinated on myself during sleep w/out knowing till the next morning.  Finally it got to the point that I was having to get "trigger shots" in my sacrolic joints.  My doctor (whom has since retired) then recommended an lower/lumbar MRI.  That along with x-rays showed Osteopenia and arthritus.  As I said previously then was around 2004/05.  Since then I awake every single night after only lying down for about 1-2 hours I have to get up and walk around and/or get in the recliner to help the pain go away.  Over the last several months I have been fallen twice in the yard by just walking around.  It felt as if my legs just sorta went out from under me.  Then later on my legs would get pains shooting downward more so in my left leg.  Now my current situation began about 5-6 months ago.  My arms more so the left one would have sharp pains running down it and my hands/wrist would fall asleep.  Especially at night my left arm falls asleep quite often.  I've also had a ganglion cyst on my left wrist which has been there for over 8 years now and never gave me any trouble until it started hurting recently and they've already drained it twice and it keeps coming back.  So I just assumed that maybe the arm pain was from carpal tunnel so my Doctor sent me for a NCS/EMG.  I got the results back but was not told in any details other than I dont have carpal tunnel but the report said that they was recommending a cervical MRI of the spine.  Now my question(s) are does this mean they have a legit reason for this test or is this just that no problems were found and this is maybe a second test to see if something else could be causing my symptoms.  And if so (due to finding some nerve or muscle weakness or damage) could this all be related from the onset of my back problems from two years ago?

Sorry for going in such detail but I just wanted you to understand my other illness incase it could be something to do with those.

Any help or recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Heather
Sorry It should say NCS/EMG