Neck/Head tremors
I'am a 59 yr. old female, for the last 6 mo. I started having tremors of the Neck/Head (Shaking) I also have shakie hands both sides. I do have hypothyroid, in which I had 1/2 of my lfet lobe removed because of nodules, I do take 100 mg. of synthyroid, each day, last March I had low Vit D levels, so I 'am on RX for 50,000 of Vit D, once a week now. Would like to know what  would cause low vit D, and the tremors that I have in my neck/head, My Dr. said that my recent Lab work was fine. I had a elderly aunt that had Parkinson.
Any answer's would be appreciated.
judie4
Hi there.  You had partial removal of left thyroid lobe 7 years back, most likely also resecting one of the 4 parathyroid glands along with causing altered calcium metabolism. you are taking thyroid supplements and a possible hypocalcaemia  leading to tremors in hands, head and neck.  Also possible cause of hypocalcaemia is your menopausal age group due to falling estrogen levels which control calcium metabolism in bones. You need to supplement for calcium levels after checking them. parkinson’s disease can be evaluated for the resting tremors, other symptoms being, cog wheel rigidity, postural instability, slowness of movement and cognitive dysfunction. Consult a gynecologist, neurologist  and an endocrinologist for the needful investigations and management. Take care.