Neurology Community
Neck Pain and Numbness
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Neck Pain and Numbness

Please explain results of MRI Cervical Spine Without Contrast
There is normal alignment of the cervical vertebra. There is mild disc space narrowing and prominent spondyllic spurring from C4-5 and C6-7.
C2-3 mild posterior spondylitic ridging with a 2 to 3mm right paracentral traction disc bulge. This flattens the anterior aspect of the thecal sac but doe not produce canal stenosis
C3-4 midl posterior spondylitic ridging with a 2 mm posterior central traction disc bulge. No disc protrusion or foraminal encroachment
C4-5 mild diffuse posterior spondylitic ridging w/more bilateral uncovertebral spurring.  There is a 2 to 3mm posterior central traction disc bulge. There is a mild bilateral foraminal stenosis
C5-6 there is moderate disc space narrowing and diffuse spondylitic ridging with more focal biateral uncovertebral spurring. more prominent on the left. There is mild bilateral zygapophyeal DJD. A 4mm posterior central paracentral disc protrusion. Moderate left foraminal encroachment related to uncovertebral spurring and traction disc bulge. There is a right foraminal encroachment.
C6-7 moderate disc space narrowing and diffuse posterior spondylitic ridging with focal uncovertebral spurring bilaterally.  There is a broad-base 3 to 4 mm left paracentral/posterior ateral traction disc bulge that flatten left aspet of the thecal sac.  Modereate left and mild right foraminal encroachment.  Borderline canal stenosis with an AP canal diameter of 11mm. The neck pain is keeping me for sleeping and the pain goes down to my fingers. I have to put a pillow under my arm to keep it from going numb. Is there something I can to relieve this pain.  I use heat and ice packs but nothing seems to help.