Neck pain/strain, nausea and headaches, what could cause all three at the same time.
I was is a car accident two years ago.  I had to go through physical therapy for my neck for several months soon after.  It's been  a year and a half later and I am still having issues with my neck.  I've had x-rays of my spine that were normal and nerve test that showed signs of carpal tunnel which I guess explains why my hand goes numb (but it began while in physical therapy).  I still have neck pain, at the top of my neck base of my head.  It feels strained like my head is too heavy for my neck (I know that sounds funny, but that's the best I can explain it).  I also have occasional headaches when my neck hurts.  I also can look up and down and get instantly nauseated and then my neck will begin to hurt and sometimes end up with a headache.  My doctor keeps saying it's just muscles that I should use heating pads and massage to take care of it but nothings working.  Does anybody know what it could be?  
You probably had a whiplash injury. There can be a problem with the muscles, tendons and blood vessels in your neck. X-ray alone cannot detect these changes. Neck moving resulting in nausea may speak for a transient interruption of the blood flow in one of the arteries in your neck.

You might search online for terms like "basilar migraine whiplash" (without quotes) or for "vertebrobasilar syndrome whiplash."

I also recommend you to write a compact but exact "medical history" with all your current and past symptoms from the accident on and arrange an appointment with a neurologist or orthopedist. Of course it may be "just muscles," but you might need more serious treatment, not only heat pads.