Need Advice
Hi everyone. I have a couple questions, and would like opinions from the neurology community. I am 25 years old and I am a woman. I am in fairly good health, though I know I could lose a little bit of weight. I try to avoid junk food or anything bad for me, but sometimes I will go for the occasional mcdonalds.
The reason for my message today is because I want your opinion as to what might be wrong with me?

Beforehand, let me give you a little of family history. My mother suffered a stroke, aneurysm in the back of the brain due to high blood pressure, when I was six years old. She was 32 at the time. She has been disabled since. My father died when I was 17, at the age of nearly 44, of hypertension cardiac attack. Needless to say this kind of history has left me of course conscious that I could be in danger of some kind of fatal situation.

When I was about 15, I'd say, I started suffering from mild migraines. Nothing too nerve wrecking, and I certainly didn't need a doctor to tell me so. For a long time, my migraines were bareable. I would skip school here and there but nothing that would prevent me from living a normal daily routine. And they were fairly spaced out.

The real problem began about two years ago. When I was 22, I was officially diagnosed with High Blood Pressure (no surprise there) and Barometric Pressure Migraines (again, not surprising). But progressively, things have gotten to the point of where I am now. I get often severe ear pressure, ringing and buzzing in my ears. Followed by bouts of dizziness. These bouts of dizziness are often accompanied by a lack of balance, and I feel so weak in my legs, I can't even stand. Not to mention the migraines I suffer from now (I live in Florida, weather changes all the time). To top it all, I have trouble sleeping.

A couple years ago, my doctor had told me it was due to stress. But even when the stress has dissipated, these episodes of dizziness, of ear pressure wouldn't go away. Today, the job I do is quite stressful. I'm a Nanny to 2 little ones (1 and 3 years old), but I often have to help out with ALL the children (there are 6 total). Not to mention housekeeping added to it. Don't misunderstand me, I love my job. It's just quite stressful.

But despite this stressful situation, I know for a fact my health situation wouldn't be any different. And this is where I'd like your opinion. What do you think I have? Do you think that this is a simple case of Migraine and HB pressure? Or should I really a neurologist?

I appreciate any input you can give me :)

Sincerely,

Melli.