Neurology Community
Need help to find treatment for Eagles Syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My daughter is 19 yrs old was recently diagnosed with Eagle Syndrome.  The difficulty herein lies, that she is on Med-Cal, healthnet. Firstly, I am looking for physician who has heard of this, and takes Med-Cal. She has been shuffled to doctors, dentists, and they state they have never heard of such a thing. Guess they haven't heard of the internet.  The initial diagnosis was made by a dentist checking her for TMJ. It seems to me, that a learning facility/University would be interested in something like this. Can anyone recommend someone in California. We live in the central valley (Fresno)
Did you try UCLA? I got a second opinion in Ohio (of all places) by an ENT called Dr. Lees, who had spent a lot of time at the UCLA Head and Neck center...He's the first guy who diagnosed me with Eagle's syndrome. I was impressed.  

I live in AZ so I had my surgery done here by an ENT at the Mayo Clinic who had done the surgery many times before.
in this patology its very important the mutidisciplinary treatament, dontolologyst, ENT, And interventional pain management , i am  interventional pain management (in colombia), and in this especiality offer diferent procedures minimal invasives, whit blockade in styloides aphofisys, if the result ok , the next time its a Continuos Radifrecuency, i recomend consult to dr. in interventional pain management board cetified.
It took me a while to find a doctor to treat Eagles once I got diagnosed with it by my ENT.  I called around to all the learning hosiptals in the area, luckily there are three.  I finally found one at John Hopkins in Baltimore and I'm having my surgery in two days to get my Eagles resolved.  I recommend you call around the area in CA and ask for the dept of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and you will most likely find the specialist in that deptarment if they are with that hospital.  

Be patient and Good luck!
my neuro dr. just told me that he had to look it up,, but he thought i had eagles,, and was mis diagnosed with C.M.T.,, i am waiting to hear in the next week,,, what is a ENT? i had spinal surgery last year for 2 disks,, wouldn't the surgeon have know about eagles? i am totally lost,, and in alot of pain,,,
Who is the physician who treated you at Hopkins for Eagles?